New mothers are well acquainted with the benefits of chiropractic care for comfortably and healthily navigating the nine months that lead to the miracle of birth. But chiropractic care can serve you well even after you’ve brought your new bundle of joy into the world. In fact, postnatal chiropractic care is so effective that many new mothers consider it crucial in their efforts to regain their pre-pregnancy vigor.
New Baby: New Body
Many new mothers feel as if they’ve suddenly been assigned an entirely new and alien body after giving birth. This effect is a result of the many natural physical changes that your body goes through during pregnancy:
- Increased hormones that cause your muscles and ligaments to relax and that can lead to increased misalignment;
- A changing center of gravity that can place increased stress on joints and can cause posture complaints as well as lower back pain; and
- Natural weight gain that puts increased demands on your spine, pelvic muscles, joints, and ligaments and that can decrease your overall energy level and increase your sense of fatigue.
Expert chiropractic care can help you comfortably transition past these natural physical changes and challenges.
Chiropractic Benefits for New Moms
New mothers can benefit from chiropractic care in a variety of ways. Expert chiropractic care can not only help you cope with physical discomforts but also help you better enjoy new motherhood. Skilled chiropractic care has much to offer:
- Increased energy and physical stamina;
- Faster transition back to your pre-pregnancy body;
- Speedier weight loss;
- Better new-baby coping mechanisms;
- Happier bonding with your little angel;
- Diminished postpartum depression;
- Improved mood and outlook; and
- A happier and healthier you.
It’s no wonder that new mothers often seek out chiropractic care when transitioning into their new role, new life, and new family.
You and Your Baby
Beyond helping you to comfortably bring your bambino into the world, chiropractic care can continue to guide your transition into your healthiest post-pregnancy self. A new baby brings unparalleled joy and love, but a new baby also comes with untold needs that put increasing physical demands on you, the new mother:
- Nursing your baby is one of the unfettered joys of motherhood, but it can also leave you feeling like a contortionist and can lead to aches and pains.
- Carrying your new baby can be especially physically demanding, and it can create new posture and back challenges.
- The inevitable lack of sleep that is the byproduct of every bouncing new baby can be especially daunting for new mothers and can lead to a significant loss in energy, increased fatigue, waning coping mechanisms, and irritability.
- Postnatal hormone changes can lead to mood swings and even bouts of postpartum depression.
These issues can seem daunting, but experienced chiropractic care can help immensely.
Contact a Tampa Bay Chiropractor Today and Become a Happier and Healthier New Mom
Bringing a new baby into the world is magical, but that beautiful baby can also wreak a bit of havoc on you, the new mom. As specialists in your comfort and wellbeing, the multidisciplinary team at Tampa Bay Spine & Injury provides truly integrated physical medicine, and we will work with you to help you find your way back to feeling like yourself again – with the added joy of being a new mother. We have two offices that are conveniently located in Brandon (813-381-3852) and St. Petersburg (727-898-3852), so please don’t hesitate to give us a call – or email us through our online contact form – to schedule your appointment today.